My Leopard Gecko Squishy

I recently adopted a leopard gecko from a 16-year-old who didn't take care of her very well. They didn't clean her tank when I got h...

Saturday, September 9, 2017

My Leopard Gecko Squishy

I recently adopted a leopard gecko from a 16-year-old who didn't take care of her very well. They didn't clean her tank when I got her the mat they had used was flipped over and had dead super worms UNDER the mat. I was enraged. I couldn't believe how gross her tank was. I got a new sand mat for her tank which was a 20 gallon long at first. She had 3 hides when I got her. I rearranged the hides so she had 1 on the cold side and one on the warm side with one in the middle. I needed to make a run to the local pet store to get another hide that I could use for a humid hide. I got a new hide, and put some sphagnum moss inside it to try and make a humid hide for squish. But unfortunately, she didn't like that. So I scrapped that idea and got the hide and put wet paper towels inside it. She liked this much better. I was on a trip to the pet store once again, and the exoterra tank I wanted for squishy was on sale! I was so excited. The tank that was normally $120 was less than $50! Of course, I got it! I immediately washed it and the 20-gallon sand mat I got isn't going to work so I just put paper towels down for now. I will get another sand mat and cut it so it will fit in the exoterra. But for now, i noticed a few concerning things so I am monitoring her. Here are a few pictures of her, she is very over weight and her toes are fallen or falling off due to her previous owners lack of care.








3 comments: